So to recap I'm going to be doing a combination of Army Fitness training from the Army Fitness Guide book, along with running 3x a week and CrossFit once a week (for now, although aiming for three sessions eventually). I haven't started the Army Fitness yet as my baseline physical level is not good enough, I estimate that I will get going in March, once I've completed the C25K course.
So the way I will define my level to be 'fit' will be when I can complete all of these things:
- Completed the Army fitness training outlined in the Guardians Army Fitness guide. Which is similar to the Level 3 fitness programme here.
- Can run 5K in under 27 minutes consistently.
- Can squat 150% of my bodyweight.
- Can perform consistent body weight pull ups for 15 reps
- Have body fat percentage of 17% or under
- Feel good about myself
I estimate that within a year I will have fulfilled at least four of these six goals.